lighting for planted tank - HELP!

So I picked up a couple tanks from Subscape a while ago and was looking to plant one out, the question is how much light will I need?? what sort of watts? should I go LED (found a couple cheap options on ebay) or T5 fluro??

Tank specs are 32" long x 18'' high x 16'' deep, or in centimetres, 81 x 46 x 41.

Sp. I plan on having in there are;

Alternanthera reineckii

java fern

Eleocharis Belem

taiwan moss/flame moss.

Thanks for any advice.

I'm curious to know as well. LED lighting seems to be the way forward but 'aquarium specific' LED lighting is ridiculously expensive - I've toyed with the idea of the standard eBay (or DealExtreme)-special LED strips, but would this be enough light (and wavelength) for plant growth?

Don't go for cheap eBay LED set ups, they don't work to well..... The LED floodlights in the 6000-6500K range are good though. I would go for two 20 watt ones over your tank, alternatively guppies has a good CFL lighting option which is pretty good :) you wont need much light for those plants...

I have an LED light that I got off eBay for my planted tank.. It's a Beamworks brand one. It's not too bad but I'm not really happy with it. I ended up buying some LED floodlights in ''pure white' that I'm about to set up instead. I agree, go straight for the floodlights! There a couple of different floodlight set ups on here. Do a search and you should find them.