Half Black X Full Black

les

So I breed a Half Black female to AFull Black Male and out of the spawn I ended up with some ( about six ) that are totaly Red at the moment the rest of the drop are a mix of full black and half black so I am realy happy with that out come. I am going to seperate the boys and girls tommorow, Thats not one of my favoret jobs its so tedious.

Cheers

les

And they're so damn hard to catch. I feel your pain. I always end up having to remove everything from the tank -- plant, heater, filter -- and it STILL takes far too long. Lately I've just been completely indiscriminate with the net. Just scoop anything. Then I hold the net at the surface with just enough water to keep them damp but not allow them to move. Then I use a white plastic spoon to pick out each fish to examine it and then chuck it into the appropriate container. Still extremely tedious.

Hey Razzi

I have a small tank that is the width of a louver and eight inches high I scoop up as many fry as posible and put them in there then select wich ones I want to seperate and get then with a small shrimp net. I wanted to get all the girls out and seperate so I could control who the red ones breed with. I found two yellow girls in the spawn as well so they are in seperate small tanks more like glass benie boxes. I got a tri couler out of a diferent girls drop He was the only one he has red fins most of the body is blue and he has a yellow patch just behind the gill plates on both sides, I dont know how that came about but I have put him in with two yelow girls I got from his spawn to see if I could get more.

Cheers

Les

• 1 month later...

so this spawn is going realy well I will try for pics next time I cleen the tank out so you can see close up what came out off this spawn. HB, FB, Blonds and a few yellows. I realy dont know where the blonds fit in?????

IMG_0619.jpg

IMG_0618.jpg

IMG_0617.jpg

Cheers

Les