DIY photo boxes, another slap-dash production

melbournebetta

SlapDashProductions TM

Presents

D.I.Y Photo Tanks for Betta and whattevva.

Step one - Locate crappy 8 litre tank from Big W - approx. $30 ea

6c146dfb.jpg

When I first got into betta I had 8 of these lined up with sponge filters in each - and heated with a thermal mat used for reptile tanks - while it was okay, the temp's fluctuated from 24-30 and water stability was too hard with weekly water changes.

Reuse, Reduce, Recycle d00dz

Step 2. Remove ugly lid - or keep it if your fish are of the jumping variety.

d78177b8.jpg

Step 3. Find a good sized mirror, preferably only thin to cover 1/4 or 1/3 of the overall length of the tank

fae087eb.jpg

Step 4. (I feel like new kids on the block) Adhere it all... I used masking tape cos I couldn't find anything else, oh - and I cleaned the tank and mirror (duh)

ooOOooooOOooh

03db964f.jpg

Step 5. FILL WITH WATER AND DONT GET THE PAPER WET - oh yeah, put paper BEHIND the mirror - the reason for this lovely flat background will become apparent in a momento (trus me)

8a763d09.jpg

The idea is that the fish will "pace" up and down the tank, flaring as it passes it's self and when he's in the position you want - SHOOT HIM !

Alternatives to the design are remove the mirror and use another fish in a beanie box or sommink.

WHATS AMAZING ABOUT THIS POST is that I only need one of these tanks - THERES MORE! (but wait)

I've got about 6 of these tanks to GIVE AWAY thats right GIVE AWAY.

I'll be bringing a selection of them to the ASV meet on the 29th - expressions of interest will help me work out how many to bring.

Oh - and they're designed to be used outside with el naturalo lighting for true colour kapture.

Results of the phototank as follows: