Convict escapees

I put a pair of small convicts in a 2 foot tank yesterday. They were fine all day until sometime between 4 and 5 pm last night my female jumped out of the tank (I broke the lid a week ago :( ) found her on the floor almost dried out and not breathing... in a rush i cupped her in the water and forced air through her gills.. and wallah! alive again :D... 2 hours later, even after covering the tank with a plastic storage container lid with not even 4 cm gap, i walk in my (uncomplete) fishroom and the males laying on the floor half dried out!!! I did the same to him as the female earlier and he survived too lol.. Cant believe how lucky I am.. got it fully covered now with 2 storage lids and getting glass cut this week for the lid :dontknow: Didn't realize convicts jumped so much :dontknow: Btw ph, temp and everything was fine, male and female both seem to get along and never see them fighting so i have no idea why they both decided to jump out.

supports the old story about breeding convicts.... get 2 convicts.... add water.... you have fry!!!

Well done on the mouth to mouth resuscitation job!!!

Most fish will jump out of a tank if scared or water conditions are not to their liking.... or just because they can......