Matt's nano reef

Matt_95

I have wanted to do one of these, I had a nano FOWLR with a pair of clowns I caught. Finally got everything I need. I got my chiller that Jeff made for me and an ex display tank from someone. Any advice?

Tank:

An ex-display tank from someone, around 20 liters, seem less. Need to measure it exactly.

Equipment:

20watt LED, 6500K will need to get a new bulb so it looks less yellow.

Pelltier chiller Jeff made for me, suitable for nano tanks so should be good. Cheap as well.

Still need to decide on a pump, around 250 lph any ideas

I may mod a HOB as a fuge and so I can add macropore.

Livestock:

A yellow clown goby or some guppies if I can adapt them, I know it is possible but not sure how long it takes, mollies take 2-3 hours.

Sexy shrimp

Zoos

Sun coral

Elegance

morphs

Fungia

Blasto

Favia

A few others in mind but not sure yet, can't afford much.

Pictures of what I have later.

Will be using NSW with 50% weekly waterchanges and I will use rainwater for daily top ups, no dosing.

The tank is a bit dirty sorry, haven't cleaned it yet and as I said, its an ex display.

IMG_7059.jpg

Look at those sexy edges!

IMG_7060.jpg

This is my light, its super bright and great value! $40 for this one! LED set ups usually cost hundreds! You can get 10w for $20 as well for nano planted tanks if anyone is looking at cheap lighting.

IMG_7062.jpg

IMG_7061.jpg

The chiller, bassically, a pump pumps water through the blue thing with the pipe sticking out, its a water block, this is connected to the peltier, it is touching the cooling side, there is a heat sink on the heating side and a fan to ensure it is cooled off. Does that make sense?

IMG_7063.jpg