Angel eggs.

Fletch

Got home today and noticed my angels were behaving funny in the middle of a amazon sword. Watched for awhile then forgot about them.

Now one is madly fanning a few hundred eggs between beating the crap out of the other one.

What's the normal behavior with these guys???

838c65d5.jpg

842c09d6.jpg

Congrats! That is strange it is atacking the other one though, mine are very peacefulk and get along well, never even atack the other fish... Mine take turns fanning the eggs and protecting the eggs from other fish. Did you catch them with the ovipositer down so you know you have a pair and not two females? Perhaps removing the eggs to hatch artoficially would make them get along better?

When mine were breeding 1 would guard directly over the eggs and fan them and the other would patrol the area close by. They had little scuffles when one didn't want to give up the fanning job for patrolling but they never did any harm to each other.

From that one picture, they look a bit small to be sexed accurately but from what you're describing (appearance not behaviour) it sounds like a male/female pair. As for the behaviour... they're young and inexperienced is all I can guess.

Edited by Yan

This morning most of the eggs are white but a few are still clear. One still fanning eggs and agro towards other.

So does anyone know if this is a sign of fertility???

Did a search online and from what I found, these eggs are infertile. :-(.