Hey! From Melbourne to Bris

Fishball7

Heya,

I'm currently in Melbourne and I don't yet have my (first) fish tank. I used to work in a pet shop for 1.5 years and took on responsibility for the fish tanks, so I do have experience in keeping them. I was involved in the small tropical fish and common goldfish varieties as well as betta splendens. Made my fair share of trials and errors there since I became the only one who did husbandry on them. End of this year I'd have settled in Brisbane and once I've gotten a job, oh boy :D I'm going to get my gear for a high tech planted tank. I've already started researching all I need to know to keep one and am currently procrastinating from studying fertilisers. I intend a 4x2x2 ADA style tank, cabinet and setup. I first really got into aquarium from the great Takashi Amano. I don't even remember how I learned about him, probably from lots of link jumping. Anyway, once I read his Nature Aquarium Complete Works, his philosophy and tanks changed my perspective and I was in. So yes, I come from a Nature Aquarium background; that's what I love, that's what I want to do and the best way I see to have an aquarium. Fish-wise, I am very partial to betta splendens and the insanely adorable ramirezi; my first tank will be for the splendens. Depending on how finances go, I'm toying with the idea of simultaneously getting a 2ft tank and equipment for an Iwagumi scape. I'll be interested in local splendens and imbellis breeders to purchase some (I don't intend to breed the fish).

Welcome to the forum! This place is a wealth of information :) I am constantly learning something new and the people around here are friendly :D

Plenty of people breeding splendens here in Brisbane (not sure about imbellis, though I plan to get a breeding pair one day), and with the best betta specialty store in Australia (LFS) located here, you can't go wrong when wanting to buy good quality bettas...