150w metal halide to 50w led conversion

pritch33

I know a bit bright for your betta tanks but thought you may be interested in seeing my little project

this is my first for trialling with the 2 exsisting metal halides

This is a std shopfitter halide 150w that I took an angle grinder to so I could fit the heat sink and LED also has a small 20mm?pc fan for cooling

P1040319.JPG

P1040318.JPG

and up and running

This is brighter than the halide the shimmer on the bottom of the tank is so more noticeable

P1040323.JPG

If it goes well over the next few weeks with plant growth and no algae issues I will be converting the other 2 that I have

will get a pic later with all 3 running

Ray

Looks great! How much did it cost to convert?

They are from ebay so driver and led 50 dollars and 8 dollars for the heatsink, But you need to rember I had the rest already so a few dollars extra for some small nuts and bolts and heat past.

I look forward to seeing how this works out for you. I'm considering 2 30w LEDs for my new tank.

Yan

depending on your setup and what you want to achieve they are deffintly worth trying from my first inpression.

I am still very hesitant when it comes to led lighting but on lighting it up over the tank I am very interested in upgrading the rest but want to see how this one goes first

Ray