Air pump recommendations

Bettarazzi

I've got a couple of weeks off work starting the middle of next week. YAY! Not going away anywhere but planning on spending the entire time catching up on chores around the house and in particular the fishroom. Top of the to-do list is setting up the spare 2 ft tanks I purchased recently. The plan is to set up 4 of them on some hammerlock shelving. I already have 2 tanks setup. Just need to buy another set of shelves, heaters, filters, and air pump.

The air pump which is currently looking after the 2 exising tanks is barely adequate. I'm at work and can't check what brand and size. I want to replace it with one that can look after all 4 tanks. I want to be able to run at the very minimum 8 sponge or corner filters. But still have capacity to add an extra filter or two if I want.

The last time I bought an air pump to service multiple tanks, I just chose the one which had the biggest liters/hour rating I could find. All I ended up getting was a very large airpump in terms of how much room it takes but not how many tanks it can look after.

Razzi I have a Hailea HAP-60 which pumps out 60 litres a minute and does 15 x 100l tanks + one brine shrimp 100l tub + 4 x 4ft tanks with 2 sponges each as well as a few other smaller tanks running on sponges too.... the same pumps come in a smaller capacity - 20litres per hour is the smallest in that type but Hailea have other ranges of pumps with smaller capacity.... work on 3litres / min per sponge to give you plenty of capacity with room for extra if needed....

My hailea has been going non-stop now for 3 years and hasn't missed a beat - and very very quiet.....

Something like this will do 30litres per minute.....