Crypts in betta barracks?

Today I found some potted crypts at pet shop today for only $4.99 each. They looked healthy and the best thing is they're potted so it will go nicely with my bare bottom tanks, then it got me wondering... Can I put it in my betta barracks which is situated next to the window? or I'm think about putting them in my shrimp tank

I have never had crypts before so it may be a stupid question and any tips for caring for them is much appreciated!

Here's a photo

21122010546.jpg

Apparently there's two species, so a name for the species are also good (I bought it at a generalised pet shop, I'm surprised that they sell them for so cheap).

Most shops sell Crypts as 'assorted', I couldn't tell you the species off the top of my head.

That is extremely cheap, lucky you. :P

Crypts do well in low light, they're growing in the near-pitch black areas in my Rutilans tank. Mine thrive on neglect, I don't use fertilizers on most of the tanks containing them, but I do use a planted tank substrate which is rich in iron and yaddayadda. They are doing alright in plain old gravel too. All in all, no special care, although I am not sure how they will do in a pot long term.

Between 3 months to a few weeks ago.. We also have several crypts in tanks at work which have shrimp in them. Actually can't take a picture, forgot to buy batteries. :/

Edit-

I found a few threads which I think you're referring to. I have java fern in with my shrimp, and we have it in with them at work too. Absolutely no issues. The crypt mention was specifically 'crypt wendtii', which I have in my shrimp tank. I have so many shrimp I have been giving them away... The other is anubias nana? I have had ghost shrimp in with anubias nana, no issues. Not CRS or RCS though. I believe we have nana in some of the tanks at work with shrimp at work... No issues.

Ok.. just read a bit more. Supposedly it is when the leaves or rhizome are cut.. I have replanted and damaged leaves in my shrimp tank before, everyone is still alive. Unless I crushed a little shrimplet in the process.

I am going to go with my own personal experience and say it's a myth.

Edited by Yan