Giant betta care - any different?

volvodriver

Hey guys,

I've been considering purchasing a giant or two but nowhere can i find any information about how large their tank should be ect. I would assume because they're double the size they need more space, but how big of a tank am i looking for?

Also while on the topic, is there any different care requirements that i should keep in mind like disease prone or anything?

Cheers,

Paul.

Paul, I'm keeping mine in 8 litre kritter keepers at the moment - they are only about 4 months old though and not fully grown so will have to see how that goes for now....

As for care - generally the same as a normal betta except they eat like pigs if you let them so produce more wastes ... so the way I figure it the larger the container the better....

A 2ft tank divided into four compartments would give you roughly 12 litres per compartment....

Thanks fishbites! I'm currently looking at splitting a 2 foot in 3 with water draining from one to the other so that's reassuring to know I can use one of the compartments to add a giant to the collection.

Cheers,

Paul.

Thanks fishbites! I'm currently looking at splitting a 2 foot in 3 with water draining from one to the other so that's reassuring to know I can use one of the compartments to add a giant to the collection.

Cheers,

Paul.