pimafix, melafix what tour opinion

jondo

so today i went to the aquarium and got myself a bottle of pimafix as on the bottle it states that it treats fungal and bacteria infection. after doing bit of research on the net, i dont know what to belieave. one person on one site says that pimafix killed their bettas, then on another site someone else says that melafix killed their fish. so i just want people opinion on pimafix, melafix and bettafix.

What you have to remember is that these people use these medicines becuase their fish are ALREADY sick! I use melafix on betta's limitidly because the main ingredient is a similiar plant to the one that produces tea tree oil and I don't know exactly what it's effect on the labrynth fish is. But also I try not to use medicine if I can help it. The problem with pimafix is that one of the minor ingredients is clove oil and people have gotten it in their heads that their fish appeared 'quiet' and sedated before they died which can also be observed in non medicated fish before they die. So I use that one slightly more easily because the only time you would have a problem with it is if you overdosed. It is my guess that the clove oil is used in a very small amount in pimafix but that is just a guess as I can't see any reason to use it.

All of that was my personal veiw I did research it and came up with my own conclusion... I am also pro meds when used appropriately

Both products have been designed to work together if you want.

I use both together & by themselves with betas

it was recommended to me by a Victorian fish Vet.

You may find with some water,

the O2 can drop,

just add some air.

Not such a problem for the Bettas.

The main place is happens is in Italy and they have no idea why.

Edited by jo oakley