Ratty looking Crowntail

Yanagi

So my Crowntails fins are looking a bit worse for wear these days. Some curling and just general untidiness. :lol: I've heard putting them in the sunlight helps but how does one do this? All I can think of is scooping him up in a jar and leaving him outside, but wouldn't this cause problems with the temperature swinging around? Does sunlight even work? Any other ideas?

Haha, yeah I have 3 cats, little rascals. Dont underestermate the power of duct tape, and use a critter keeper, to tape your fish to the window, lol. Just an idea.

Or use a heating cord with an extension under the container the fish is in to keep him warm, I guess it would only be safe on dry days though, unless you cap wrap the power plugs in plastic or something :/

And thats only IF the sun actually helps :/

you can also try adding trace to the water.

I have a similar problem with Bill my crowntail.

I'm going to buy one fo those extendable curtain rods that you can put up without holes.. and put it on my window sill so that when im letting my boys have some sun I dont have to worry so much about my cats knocking them down in their eagerness to watch the birdies in the tree.

The pole should act like a rail keeping the small sunning tanks fairly secure on the window sill.

If that doesnt work im going to build a removale ledge/shelf thing for the window sill so that the cats can sit above the fish.

Edited by Becki