Sera CO2 Start

bewarebrunette

Hi all,

one of the local fish shops is selling SERA CO2 Start, and I am seriously considering buying one. So I was just wondering if anyone has used one of these before, or knows anyone who has, and if so what do they think of them?

He's selling for about $65

There is also one online, from a store Ghengis told me about which sells for about the same price..

ebay pic

Would you recommend either or these?

thanks

Never used it, and therefore have no idea how good it is...but (as we've discussed), I really think you'd be better off with DIY to begin with. Although, if you are real keen on this system, give it a go...it's not a massive outlay, so may prove OK. Just check how much replacement tablets are, first. Be sure to post results!!

Oh, I actually have a few glass diffusors I'm not using, one of which I might be able to offload. If you ask nicely :dontknow:

Never used it, and therefore have no idea how good it is...but (as we've discussed), I really think you'd be better off with DIY to begin with. Although, if you are real keen on this system, give it a go...it's not a massive outlay, so may prove OK. Just check how much replacement tablets are, first. Be sure to post results!!

Oh, I actually have a few glass diffusors I'm not using, one of which I might be able to offload. If you ask nicely :dontknow:

:D is that what you use for your CO2 setup?

I did with my DIY. Now, I just have the hose from the bottle going into the uptake of my canister filter. I get pretty much 100% dissolution this way. I want to build one of those PVC reactors, though. They help to keep the filter impellar from being damaged (apparently) and provide full dissolution of the CO2 into the water column.