Spanner barb(T-barb) ?

moto_gardie

Hi guys,

Just wondering would a spanner barb(T-barb) be compatible with 8 black widow tetras, 15 neon tetras, 4 bristle nose cats, 2 clown loaches and 2 dwarf gouramis?????

Thing is I might be inheriting this guy ,he is around 5yrs old, 15cm and he is beautiful. I'm finding it hard to say no. so question is will he be ok in my community tank with the mentioned fish???

Oh by the way tank is

- 215L

- temp. 26c

- soft. 60mg/L

- Acid. PH 6.5

Thanks in advance for any replies

Jaxon...

Hi Jaxon, from my experience, (some time ago), I can tell you that this fish likes his water to be moving more than your smaller fish may appreciate-(powerheads). To be honest a 6 foot tank would be way more appropriate, (I'm assuming you have a 4 footer at 215L?) This guy is fully grown and will eat anything you chuck at him from memory - huntsmans/slugs/bugs etc. You don't need a mate for him - they do quite happily alone and with most other species of large fish. My pair used to hand-feed (not gently). They can move like lightening when on the hunt for food. They also "terra-form" which can be a hassle. Your temp & ph should be fine but be aware that this fish WILL EAT ANYTHING that it can catch apart from your b'noses and loaches. As with a lot of large fish they also jump, so make sure your tank and flouros are covered. Hope this info helps with your decision, Brad.