My US55gal planted before break down move a aquascape :)

Guest that guy

Guest that guy

Hi, I am new to this site so I though I'd share my tank

Tech Specs

Tank: US 55Gal 48L in X 18D X 12W (my first eva tank :D)

Lighting: 3 X 4ft Aquastar T8 10K, 1 X 4ft T8 Quadphosphor Phillips?, 1 X 4Ft T8 Cool White Vanilla

CO2: 2 X 2ltr Coke Bottle DIY with DIY Powerhead + Gravel VAC Diffuser

Substrate: Kitty litter (atapulgite clay)

Filter: Aquaone CF1200, Atman Cannister (I know.... over filtered) 1 is for my second tank

Fertilizer: Flourish Excel (Yes its a miricle in a bottle!!! Seriously this stuff is the key for beginners (Algacide :D)

Flora: ***Shame*** sorry not my thing they're just plants to me, Anubias (5 diff varieties), pearl weed, hair grass, some crypts, christmas moss, java moss, java fern 3 diff var., an amazon sword, luwigia, hygroflolia, many unidentfied local creek plants

Fauna: 20X Local Creek rainbow (2 diff species), 1X SAE, 1X clown loach (who seems to avoid snails GRR!), 10^10 local creek shrimp varieties (Some are wood shrimp?), 1 X Glass fish (local), 3 X Smelts (local)

Well as you can see its on the cheap, so here the pics. I am moving so it is in grow out no aquascape mode until the move

Fulllengthgood.jpg

here is a long shot of the tank (yes its a jungle in grow out mode)

FilterandCO2.jpg

CO2 DIY 2 X 2 ltr coke bottles yeast + sugar + flour

CO2reactor.jpg

CO2 reactor

Lights.jpg

Lights 5 X 4 ft T8's 8 hrs photo by timer

Substrate.jpg

Substrate Kitty litter + some left over gravel

Guest that guy

AGMF2008050.jpg

Here is some wood I collected from various places soaking it up in my spa :D

AGMF2008049.jpg

A shot of O2 collecting under some local lilly pads

Nicepicture.jpg

A shot I like

Weel thats it until tear down and aquascape when i meve in about a week.... will post more

Nice work guy!

Im very interested in starting up a planted tank however i have seen the costs of setting up a 2ft which can go close to spend $1G! which is crazy for a 2ft tank. So i like how you have made this a low budget tank... and you seem to get really good results!

I like the Australian natives as well and own some pacific blue-eyes, like you do... I go out and collect native fish as well. I usually head out toward Murwillumbah to catch my natives. I have also got a gobie, glassfish, carp gudgeon and a crimson spotted rainbow.

Guest that guy

Im very interested in starting up a planted tank however i have seen the costs of setting up a 2ft which can go close to spend $1G! which is crazy for a 2ft tank. So i like how you have made this a low budget tank... and you seem to get really good results!

Yeah it can be sort of cheap... and on trimming days I usually throw out a heap of stem plants so if you ever want a whole heap to start off with I live in Nerang... I'll let it go jungle and give you a tank full if you want...

My CO2, substrate and diffuser cost me around $25, plants and the tank are the killers. Light can be expensive but my hood has a heap of ordinary shop lights and they were dirt cheap :D

Archived