Hey from Melbourne!

Guest miranda

Guest miranda

Hi I'm Miranda, and I'm from Melbourne.

I have been fish keeping for nearly 4 years (i'm 14 now). I have a 40 Litre and a 120 Litre and a quarantine tank, but the 40 litre isn't set up (because I got too tired doing water changes for 3 tanks). The fish I have had are: bristlenose, peppermint bristlenose, otocinclus, corydoras, loaches, guppies, platies (livebearers), bettas, rams, tetras and gouramis. At the moment I have: bristlenose, otos, ram, corys, loach and tetras.

bye!

Hi Miranda. Welcome to the forum. You should take a look at planted tanks. If you keep the fish stocking levels low you can get away with only occasional water changes. I saw a heavily planted tank last week which still had enough fish to look nice and it hadn't had a water change in 15 months. Yep! That's over a year! It looked great and the plants and fish were extremely healthy. Mind you it did belong to an extremely experienced aquarist and planted tank guru. But I think the principles are well documented and have been replicated by many.

Guest miranda

Thanks, actually I have recently added a new light and CO2 to the tank and building up plants! I find the water changes ok now though since it is only one tank. Because I have 2 fully grown bristle nose I like to make sure I gravel vacume quite often! Maybe in a few years I'll try one of those tanks.

Archived