Tank setup

bluebetta

For my mum's birthday this year (its in July but I'm planning now so I have it all ready) me and dad were gonna surprise her with a nice fish tank for our lounge room but the surprise part got stuffed up when she was just gonna buy one. So anyway we are thinking about something nice like the aqua one, aqua start 500.( http://www.aquaone.co.uk/aquarium_aquaStart.php)She really likes my guppies so we will have some of them in there and probably a little school of neon tetra's and I was thinking of mayby some kind gourami's too If it wouldn't overload the tank. What do you think. And do all gourami's wreck the tank or is it just some.

Thanks

I lurve Gouramis ....mine get along well with my guppies and they dont worry about silk plants but they did get annoying with the live plants.

They just go mental and pull out live plants.

Mine are in with girl bettas , guppies , platy , BN , 2 kribs and theyre all just one big happy family.

Dont know about stocking limits , just go with the 1 inch of fish per gallon .

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like a lovely Birthday present for your mum. The tank you are talking about holds 65L which is about the same as a 2ft tank so it souldn't have any problems holding the fish you mentioned. I used to have my gouramis in a tank landscaped with live plants and never had a problem with them. Even if the ones you buy do rip out planted plants you could always go with anubias on rocks or driftwood, they are very hardy & look great. The live plants will help stabilize the tank as well :)

Archived