feeding bettas peas

justin

OK depending on how many Bettas you have of course.

what I do is I take a plastic egg cup, fill with a few drops of water, add one frozen pea.

nuke for a couple seconds to cook the pea. give the pea a little squeeze to pop it out of the shell/skin then I just use my fingernail to chop it into bitesize pieces (make sure your hands are clean of course!). however much the betta will eat basically, say 3-4 pieces per betta and one good sized pea will probably be enough for say 6 bettas IME.

hope that helps ya :whistling:

I grab a frozen pea or five, depending on how many fish I'm feeding at the time, and place them on a fresh rinsed metal spoon, either a teaspoon or dessert spoon... I leave them for five minutes, so they defrost, then I pinch the skin off, leaving the pea itself as two seperate halves... I then drop the peas into the tank, and watch some fish grab 'em in mid water and fight over piece after piece, and the others merrily nip pieces off, until the BN's sense peas and envelop 'em with their whole head... :whistling:

When I had goldies, I'd do a dozen to twenty peas, 'cos they'd gulp four or five into their mouths, then chew 'em all at once, like squirrels... I had to do heaps to make sure everyone got some...

Archived