little help with a light

DV.

Yep, that's a brilliant light unit - you should pretty much be able to sustain any plant underneath that, in a 60 litre or so tank... it's the same unit I have over my 2" at work, from the same supplier, he has an excellent reputation with aquatic gardeners, and the pricing is good...

Cheers,

Stuart

As Stuart said that is a great light, 10,000k is tonnes of kelvins for growing plants! This seller doesnt cover broken bulbs so beaware of that when buying. If they both break its likely he is not going to send replacements.

This is the seller statement "Please note we do not charge for the globes and can not take responsibility for them during transport"

If you can source free T5 24W 10,000K globes, let me know... :)

While I understand the policy on bulbs, having freighted thousands of laser printer fusers around Australia, many of them with a delicate little bulb running right through the middle, the bulb itself IS the major selling point of this unit - Other places sell the same unit with a lower wattage bulb in it - the packaging of these units show the old bulb details and I didn't open mine until I'd verified they were the right ones in there when I got it, so to suggest he's not charging for the bulbs... hmmmm... stick with my logic for a moment...

You buy the unit... you pay by paypal (trust me, you want to pay by paypal) - the unit arrives, the bulbs are broken - I'm *pretty* sure that that unit isn't 'as purchased' with broken bulbs, and Ebay/Paypal will refund your money in the dispute console... it's not able to fulfil the function it is designed for, and isn't as described... if they DIDN'T refund your money, I'd be even more worried about Ebay's standing, because what would be to stop the seller from not even including bulbs in future... oh, I didn't *charge* for them just doesn't fly, sorry...

Next, if Ebay didn't sort it out, I'd head to consumer affairs... they'd go BOTH of 'em over that one, I'm sure...

In reality, the unit I received was securely packed in a box, with moulded styrofoam surrounding it, wrapped in bubblewrap and taped to the point I needed to cut the whole lot free... it's as secure as it can be, to be freighted - the whole 'no responsibility' is male cow excrement, just like a retailer with 'no refunds' on the wall... you have rights when purchasing, and if you buy a light unit it really doesn't matter that the bulbs are 'free' - they're part of the unit...

Archived