Is this normal

Betta_Endeavours

Working on getting the first 4 spawning tanks/bays ready and I'm running into one headache after another ;) . Robert stuck a powerboard to the wall yesterday and I moved my heaters over to it just now. Suddenly two heaters aren't coming on and one had been plugged in and working but at some point stopped because the water isn't much above 24 and the heater is set for 30.

Is it normal for heaters to just die like that? I have several of the same type that are all about 4 to 5 years old. Should I expect them all to stop working soon?

Is there any water flow around the heater? You could try a slowly bubbling airline to see if that helps. I had to chuck out a heap of old heaters recently. It can be an expensive exercise so you want to be sure that the heaters are really dead. I do still have some heaters which I'm using that are over 10 years old.

The powerboard is brand new and yes it does work because I got a ceramic heater and plugged in next to the others and it helped warm the tank up a bit (was set to 25) but the heater in with it that didn't react to 21 degree water is now on and working. So they might just be taking a while to detect the water temp.

We have a major air line above that area but nothing hooked in but I can get Robert to run some air lines and such so I can run air stones in there when needed. After all we do have several air stones available lol

Archived