Brown Algae

Hi all,

I know there is an infinite qty of information, opinions etc on the internet but I like to get advice first hand :)

So, my two larger fish proved they dont like company so we started a second tank for friendly fish .... it has been running for one month and it has started turning brown on all surfaces (the rocks, plants and inside the glass). Google says its "normal" and should clear up when the tank stabilises but what do you guys think? 

What should I do?

:(

Whenever that’s happened to me I try to clean as much of it off and increase the water changes. That it’s “normal and should clear up”… yeah not sure about this. I’ve not been told that before and I certainly haven’t tested that concept. I’ve often wondered why two tanks setup up side by side in exactly the same way are affected differently. I guess there are probably more variables than meets the eye. I agree it’s probably to do with tank stabilisation but I’m not sure about the clearing up part. I think at the very least, clean it off the glass and increase the water changes. You might also consider adding a product like Seachem Stability to see if that helps.