The Rules Of Being A Betta

Leela

Hi all I've not been a betta owner very long, but I've most defiantely been completely hooked by these little boys and girls :D ). I'm completely amazed by their different personalities. Of my 14 bettas all of them are so individual; Nibbler is completely insane, Haro is extremely affectionate, Arnie is a musclebound bully....etc etc :D The weird thing is, not all of them are flarers, and not all of them blow bubblenests. I'd say only half of them blow nests, one or two blow all the time, and the other four just every now and then. And not all of them are agro at each other, one or two never flare, the majority flare a fair bit and one flares at absolutely everything including me! :(:) Is this normal? Is it just a part of the individuality? Or are males supposed to blow bubblenests AND flare all the time? Am I just being slightly paranoid? Any info is appreciated! Cheers L :)

I think they get bored or moody and when they are bored they tend not to be bothered flaring or nest building. Sometimes the warm rainy weather brings on bubble nests as thick as golfballs in bettas that are normally non-nest builders though, so sometimes they surprise you!

Archived