when can I sell?

redsnow

I know it's depend on the growth rate of the fry, however on 'average', at around what age do you guys think is the recommended time to sell your fry?

I'm asking this, because I'm going back to my home country, Cambodia and I will be staying there for about 2 months. I got 3 spawn atm, 1 at 5 weeks old, the others 2 spawn is at 4 days old. I'm planning to go on 28th of November. Will that be enough time? I do have someones to look after my fighting fish, but it just going to be like feeding it and maybe a weekly water changes, fry take to much works.

I usually drive to Thailand while I'm in Cambodia, so I'll try to take as many photos as I can and post it here =] (fighting fish related)

Oh, my post got deleted?

...I've been answering after some long days at work - apologies.

Yeah I basically echo'd Sarah, my LFS will only buy stock if they are 2.5 cm in the body, and under 6 months old.

So that's in a perfect world scenario, however I've decided to spawn as much as I can without considering exactly how they'll all be re-homed as there are plenty of people interested in purchasing Juvi fish in bulk lots - sometimes it's just impossible to get the pair to spawn - so I've found this to be a good way of doing things and forwarding my breeding plans.

If you have good photos of the parents, you have a much better chance of parting with the fry.

Best of luck..

-Ness

Hey Ness, thanks for the reply and yes I got photo's of the parent, however I'm thinking of giving away my first spawn to friends and keep my 2nd and 3rd spawn outside in a large tanks. Will let my cousin feed it bloodworms daily (hopefully they eat frozen bloodworms by then) and fortnightly water changes. Just hope they won't be to aggressive to the points of killing each others.

Might pay a visit to Chatuchak weekend market, you mentioned in your Articles.

Snow:

If you're going to Thailand, and want good quality fish - try to get a hold of Preecha instead, you'll see a lot of junk at Chatuchuk (no, goodish stuff) but if you want breeding stock it's rubbish - we can get HMs in melbourne that are that quality.

Go talk to preecha - he'll take you to the top breeders if you want to buy fish.

Chatuchuk is incredible tho - totally worth a visit - I can still taste the pull-tea. (and the fried bugs)

x

You know Sarah, it's a bit weird, but having had the experience - I think I'd actually have either an experienced buyer purchase for me, or just go through AB now.... you get more time and space to really look at the good quality photographed fish - and half the ones I wanted were already sold on AB... so it's interesting.

Snow- GO VISIT THE LITTLE FURRY ANIMALS - it's creepy and a bit sad, but they have the most insane animals for sale as pets.

I had to pack my RSPCA sensibilities away and just appreciate the cultural difference.

Enjoy - take photos -and report back!!

haha Sarah, I probably wouldn't be able to control myself also. Been checking Betta on AB and it is so tempting to buy >.<

I will check it out Ness. Although I'm not sure if I be surprise, I used to have Monkey, Python and talking parrot as a pet lol. Will surely take as many photo as I can.