Jump to content

Hi there! :)


Recommended Posts

Hi there,

I'm from Melbourne. I've got a 3 year old goldfish, who I got free from a shopping centre promotion. He is an adored family pet, his (I assume he is a he!) name is Elmo. Named by my daughter.

I've always had him in the fish bowl they gave us when we got him, it's only just come to my attention that he should be in a tank with a filter, and properly balanced water. Poor fish :( Lucky he has survived the 3 years so far.

I desperately need help diagnosing what I think may be a case of fin rot (or fin melt), and need to know where I can get medicines to treat him.

Looking forward to being approved for posting and getting some help!



Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Kim,

The easiest thing to do would be to find an aquarium or decent pet store in your area and go in there. I'd get some tetracycline or triple sulpha and use that to treat your fish. While you're there you can look at tanks. :lol:

And welcome to the forum! People here can help diagnose the problem with your fish but we'd need to see photos.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...