My Favourite Baby Girls

splendidbetta

Hello All,

You may have read that due to a large portion of this spawn developing a head-body topline defect, I seperated the defected fry from the unaffected fry to keep track of developement between both groups easier.

Last weekend I meved the defected fry that do not have any seriously obvious irregularity on their head/backs, into my 90 l tank to grow out.

The good fry are still in their 12 l tank while the 80 l tank cycles. Yesturday I decided to catch the 5 very best females from that group, and put them in 475ml cups to float them in the other 12 litre tank now containing their parents, to see how they would react with eachother :lol:

Low and behold (sp?) , those cheeky little girls started flaring at their father through their cups, at a grown male 4 months their senior and about 3 times bigger than them! :)

here are some photos. Please excuse the lowsy quality, plastic cups dont allow for top quality images and the girls swim too darn fast anyway :)

This is the royal blue SD female I posted about a few weeks ago. She is not a plakat, her anal is too long for that :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Another, similar spawn sister

Posted Image

Posted Image

And this female, although she could have a betta body shape, she has the best spread of the spawn :fish:

Posted Image

'>

Who knows, I might even continue this line after all :D :lol:

well, only you can be the judge of that. If you have a bad feeling about them, don't risk it. You don't want to put in all that time and energy only to discover more deformities. As Rhonda said in another post, these deformities are going to be more pronounced in a sibling cross, even if the parents' genotype is fine. Make sure when you sell them that the buyers know about the issues, so they can make an informed decision whether to breed or not :lookaround:

Archived