Can java fern have too much light?

I have a small betta barracks next to the window, with a smaller heater and lots of java ferns. During the winter the java ferns were lushes green and growing quickly. But with the turn of seasons, the day light and light intensity has increased. I've recently notices a little bit of the leaves are starting to brown, I'm just wondering can java ferns burn under too much light?

I know that java ferns will tolerant low light, but I've also read that they will grow quicker under good light. I actually seen them pearl under the sunlight, but will too much light be bad for them?

I actually don't have an algae problem coz of the large quantity of java ferns in the tank, the tank is 15 liters, housing 4 adult male bettas. I do weekly 80% water changes (no filter) I do not add extra nutrients, so could this actually be a imbalance of nutrients?

Do anyone have any experience?

Whats the temp like in the tank? Java fern melting at higher temps (~28C+) seems to be a pretty common occurance.

The other possibility is a nutrient issue either from the higher light driving a higher demand for nutrients, or simply that the increased biomass of good growing ferns means increased demand.

I think it's the nutrients issue, due to I never fertilize the tank. The trace elements that usually comes with the tap water was enough to support the plants on the level of lighting provided by the sun. But in summer with longer day light time and larger plants with increase demand the plants aren't doing as well as before. I've started adding a liquid plant feriliser into the tank every now and then. Hopefully they will be back to their prime in a few weeks.

They're really nice and big plants... I hope I won't lose them