Guppy Babies

Des

Hi all you guppy lovers,

After having 36 babies the first time about 3 to 4 weeks ago now. I just transferred another 13 out of the parents tank into the nursery tank on Thursday evening. I don't know how many were born but I think a lot more than I saved. I wasn't expecting new ones & was surprised when my husband looked in the bowl & found tiny little things moving around.

I didn't think the first lot were growing very fast at all until I put the little ones in with them. They're giants by comparison. If only I could do as well with my bettas. I also have a tank full of tiny apple snails from a batch of eggs that have just hatched. I leant the parents to a friend of ours hoping they'd breed for him but they haven't done anything. One of them climbed out of the tank I had them in with my male bettas (divided) and went back to the girls tank. She must have covered 10 feet by the time I found her & put her in with the girls. She laid the eggs that night.

:D Have a good day everyone.

Hi Tracey 6565.

You're probably right. She definitely didn't want to be in with the boys. I had another snail disappear from the same tank but didn't find it for about 3 days. I went looking for it after I found the other one on the floor & found it behind the lounge with a hole in it's shell it had to have hit the tile floor pretty hard. It was heading in the wrong direction too if it was going to the girls tank. :byebye:

Good to see your guppies are going well ... and the snails!

My mystery snails are breeding like crazy at the moment too--- got eggs under the lids of tanks everywhere - getting an ice mix of the brown with white body, brown with blue body, yellow with white body and only noticed today a couple of small yellow with blue body as well....