I couldn't resist...

zhong89

My obsession of Endlers Started with the melbourne fish fair with Jane (gulp) purchasing a bag of guppy/ endler hybrid and keep asking me "do you want one? do you want one?" I refused since I really don't want to expand my forever growing tank number... But the result is I got some enders... In my defense I got them as a gift, I paid a friend of mine lunch's lunch. So she thought to return the favour by buying the fishes I've being staring at for almost 20 minutes :drool: (We were at the St kilda aquarium). She was looking for a new tank, and I was admiring their gorgeous fishes when I came across them. I toke home the pair + one fry (it was accidentally scoped into the bag, and the shop assistant don't want to spend another 20 minutes trying to get it out). As soon as I got home I started googling Endlers and found some care tips, which also stated that male to female ratio should be kept at one to two or more since the males will hassle the female to death (literally). I contacted sarah to purchase another trio from her and received them today!

My two males are

- one original pattern with orange colour and two lines as tails

- one with a snakeskin like pattern for its body and tail.

My goal is to breed pure endlers, so any tips and comments are coveted.

Thank you!!!

Oh you didnt! lol. Glad you got some, they are really cool! I am enjoying mine. The ones I got seem mostly pure endlers and there is one hybrid male who looks awesome, like a snakeskin pattern :)

They are pretty easy to look after and they seem to enjoy eating anything and everything. There is a good website www.guppydesigner.com I actually purchased the guppy care sheet for my guppies. Just google endlers and there is a wealth of information about them :)

Goodluck with them and enjoy, they are great to watch :)

It's ok Joan, I've a theory that it's not our fault we buy these fish, they are calling to us, "Buy me! Buy me! You know you want to" they play on our weakness you see. These fish are intelligent and only call out to those of us who are susceptible... ... ... that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!! :bighug: