Bettawan Indian Almond Leaves

Bettawan

Hi All,

Jeff here from Bettawan Dried Indian Almond Leaves in Thailand...it's been a longtime since I last posted on the Ausaqua forum and I do apologise, but recently BICON have changed their import rules and regulations regarding the importation of Indian Almond Leaves and I think its only fair that I let all our customers know that we have not deserted you...we have been working so hard the last few months trying to contest BICON but to no avail and we have now had to succumb to them. The final nail in the coffin was when they stopped a parcel and destroyed it....saying that the parcel contained tobacco...there was no apology, no compensation, just an email saying one of their officers had made a mistake and from now on any parcels of Indian Almond Leaves that we ship must be acommpanied by an import permit.

We have finally been approved an import permit, we have also set up Bettawan as a business in Australia and we have also built a website for our retail customers in Australia....www.bettawan.com.au

I would also like to take this opportunity to say that both myself and Wan sincerely apologise for what has happened but we have no control of what BICON do, but as always we will accept their decision and abide by their rules and regulations and will continue to supply our loyal Australian customers with 100% dried flat cleaned Indian Almond leaves.

THE FUTURE CAN ONLY GET BETTA

I have put the following post on our website at www.bettawan.com :

Wholesale orders to Australia

Unfortunatly, due to a crackdown by Australia's Dept of Agriculture, Environment & Water ( BICON ), Indian Almond Leaves ( Terminalia Catappa ) cannot be sent to Australia from Thailand without a suppliers import permit ( which we have obtained ) and undergoing on - shore gamma radiation treatment.

Therefore, we must pass on the costs of gamma radiation treatment to all our Australian Wholesale customers. This is a charge of AUD $80 per package, that we are charged for by customs once the Indian Almond leaves enter Australia.

Gamma Radiation Treatment does not affect the quality of the leaves in anyway. We are just ensuring that our products pose no risk to the Australian environment.

For any wholesale queries please email Jeff at sorted@bettawan.com

Retail orders to Australia

Small retail orders of 10 to 200 big or small Indian Almond leaves, or upto 250g of low - grade Indian Almond leaves are now able to be purchased directly from Bettawan Australia. Please follow the link below.

www.bettawan.com.au

Retail customers in Australia do not incur the $80 gamma radition treatment charge.

For any Australian retail enquries, please email Hazel at admin@bettawan.com.au