Discussions regarding illegal trade in illegal items

Chuckie

I am not, and do not purport to be, an expert in the allowable import list. Nor do I purport to know the minutiae of various state-based legislation regarding legal and illegal fish and plants.

However, to the extent that I do know something is in fact noxious or not a legal import, I'm not willing to allow AAQ to be used for the sale/exchange/trade or attempted (illegal) importation of such items. Such posts will be locked with a public explanation, and they may also deleted at the moderators' discretion.

I would appreciate everyone's co-operation on this.

Thanks guys.

Board Rules updated:

Posts regarding trade in illegal/noxious items

The Administrator and the Moderators are not, and do not purport to be, experts in the allowable import list. Nor do they purport to know the minutiae of various state-based legislation regarding legal and illegal fish and plants.

It is a condition of your use of AAQ that you acknowledge and agree that AAQ will not be used for the sale/exchange/trade or attempted (illegal) importation of such items.

It is also a term and condition of your right to use this forum that you agree to indemnify the Administrator, Moderators and all other forum members should legal action be taken against any or all of us as a consequence of content you posted concerning such matters.

To the extent that we know something is in fact noxious or not a legal import, posts seeking to trade in such items will be locked with a public explanation, and they may also deleted at the moderators' discretion.

Some websites about the legalities of our fish.... Just because you didn't know the Koi Carp in your tank wasn't really a goldfish isn't an excuse - fines can be in excess of $150,000 - so please don't offer or ask for illegal/restricted/pest/noxious fish on the forum to save Lisa and yourself a lot of issues (and believe it - AQIS do look at ebay, forums etc to keep an eye on what's going on around the place - I know this from personally talking to an AQIS officer).

ICON Database - great reference tool for anyone importing anything into Australia.

Australian Exotic Fish Trade

Qld EPA - Exotic Pest Fish

SA - Noxious Fish List

WA - Restricted Fish

NSW - Ornamental Fish

NT Noxious Species List

VIC Noxious Fish List

VIC Proposed additions to Noxious Fish List

TAS Pest Fish

Info about The National Ornamental Fish Management Implementation Group

Links Current as at Apr 2010 - all are relevant State / Territory Govt websites and worth reading before you buy/sell/trade fish.