Anasfire

Next Brisbane Betta Gathering

I think we need to get our butts (is butt an ok word Lisa? if not just change it to 'buttocks' lol ) into gear and organise our next meeting. There was 9 months between our last 2 and that's just too long as far as I'm concerned!

The next QFAS Auction is on June 19th, so it makes sense to me that we make our meeting the same day again. Well it was a happy coincidence this time, so let's make it planned next time! lol. That way we can all meet up, exchange fishy things, chat, catch up then go to the auctions and get some awesome bargains.

Being that it's 3 months away I'm hoping people can lock the date in and we won't have to shift it, coz personally I'd prefer it be the same day as the auctions, kill 2 birds with one stone as they say.

Anyone 2nd the motion?...............

Edited by Fighters4U

Let's all talk about butts!

OK - forum moderation under the influence is bad, mmmmmkay?

*ahem* Yes Cassiopia, your terminology is acceptable [/serious face] .

LOL! Sorry - bless. Thank you for asking.

June BBG - yay!

I'm so glad butt is acceptable. I'm not so bad when speaking, with bad language that is, but when I'm typing I let it fly lol. I have to moderate myself on here! Doesn't always work though. :lol:

I hope everyone is in agreement about the June meeting. Either way, I'll be going to the Auction and I think Manda is determined to come to the next one too. So we'll both be there regardless. A week and a half after that I'll be down at her place to go see Eclipse at Coff's Harbour with the gang :) It's going to be an eventful month that's for sure.

You offering your house Julia? And I don't think all Macca's would be bad...it was just coz that store had a kids party on! lol Or maybe someone's shop will be available like it was last time? Though if we are there during shop hours that'd suck for her I guess....

I'm open to suggestions..............

Edited by Fighters4U

having it the same day as the auctions sounds like a plan

only thing is i have a realy horrible feeling i will be in the prosess of moving house

lease runs out about then. if i am i will happily take the day off to make it this time lol

Sweet. Was wondering if we'd all be rocking up to the next auction.

Definately count me in. I couldn't be happier with the fish I picked up (especially that lovely blue fellow).

Now, I know it won't be as hot in June, but someone's shop is still FAR too small for this sort of thing.

Personally didn't mind maccas all that much (though the constant flow of cops amused me when bags of pellets were being exchanged for cash over the table).

Hahaha that was funny! They did seem a little too interested in us didn't they? I get all paranoid when there's police around coz my car has a nasty dent in the back (everything works, just looks like it'd all be broken) so I automatically think they're stalking me to put a yellow sticker on my car!

The manager of the store came over at one point too didn't he? To find out what we were all doing. lol. I'm so glad you like the little blue fellow (I assume it's the one u got from me?) he was always a sweety, loves to flare and has a great personality. That pair are well matched I reckon, both a darkish blue.

I might have some more of those fry to sell in June, but these ones have ventrals lol. They're from a 2nd, younger spawn. (same mother, different father). I've only got 6 left (found one dead this morning) and they all appear to be male! I don't know why, but I've gotten so many mal

Edited by Fighters4U

That's right, he's a lovely little fellow, though he's terrified of the big boy in the tank next to him.. and has about the biggest bubble nest I've ever seen... incredibly fine bubbles but HUGE.

The girl has gotten a fair bit of blue in her actually (just this moment put her under the tank lights and she's a lovely powder blue).

To be honest I didn't really like blues all that much before I got this pair. Now I'm reconsidering that.

The big fellow I got off the other lady (sorry I've forgotten your name) is also doing well, terrorising little blue, but going well.

Um, what else..?

OH, at the auctions I snatched up a bag of huge (15mm) protein pellets for my yabbie. Well she's dead. I hadn't even had a chance to try the food. Ha.. I'd had her for 2 years. :(

I'm in! You already know this though, Cassi. xD

Though this time I might catch a ride with one of you possibly? Just get dropped off or something... I felt bad for Glen coz he isn't a fish nut like me. :(

Next time I'll hopefully have my barracks and fish stands up. And a job and $500 in my pocket. :P

Remind me NOT TO BUY MORE CORIES!

You can catch a ride with me. If you can get dropped then I'll ferry you around and even take you home before I go home.

Count me in should be unpacked by then and it gives me plenty of time to arrange a babysitter, your welcome to come to my place at Eagleby but I'm about half hour from Brisbane, I dont have a fish room just a few tanks in the garage.

Charlie

We could use my house, but I was actually thinking of checking out the cafe upstairs from Jodies, has anyone been there?

The other option could be to book the party room ourselves. We did book it for the first BBG, but then decided to have it at Jodies. The staff were really happy with the idea, I think it got them out of screaming kids for a few hours, and even offered coffee vouchers for us. Saturday afternoon is peak party time though, so we'd need to book soon.

Would it cost us anything to book the room? Or are they happy for us to use it as long as we order something?

It was free, I think they figured we'd make use of the cafe, but they didn't really care.

Ok, I think the cafe idea is brilliant. Could you sort that out Julia or did you want me to?

So the date is set.

Date: June 19th

Where: Cafe above someone's shop in Annerly

Time: 2pm

Then moving on to the Auctions for whomever wants to at 4pm

Q.F.A.S. SUPER AUCTION 19th June

Auction starts 4.00pm

At St. Joseph's College Basketball Stadium.

Roger St, Spring Hill.( near Centenary Pool) Brisbane.

Enter Car Park at bottom of school from Roger or Victoria Streets

That gives us 2 hours at the cafe to chat and catch up. We can also pop down into someone's shop when we like too hehehe

Sounds great cant wait. plenty of time to organise a babysitter and save some money lol

I've been to the cafe above someone's & it's great. The theme is totally "retro", and they've got some fighters too, hmm wonder who puts them in :-)

Had breakfast there a few times & the food is excellent. It's so popular with the locals that they sometimes run low on different food. It's not all that large so I would suggest someone gives them a call & warns them that we're coming so they can make sure they've got supplies on hand & maybe seating reserved? Seating is at 2 or 3? of those retro laminex & chrome kitchen tables that seat x 6, several booths & outside on the footpath.

Edited by BettaBetta

*sneaks in* i really want to try to get to the next BBG, it will depend on babysitters, work and finances...

Easy fix, leave Pete at home to watch the kids...then we can have a girls night!