Anasfire

Next Brisbane Betta Gathering

Was in the cafe the other day when collecting another one of my imports from someone's ... it may not actually be large enough for the group as it's only 2 of the retro kitchen tables with 4 chairs at each & only 3 small booths that would sit 4 people in each one & no standing room.

Hmmm... Ive been meaning to visit my brother in Brisbane, perhaps I can conveniently organise the visit around the BBG :)

Ok, there is only 3 weeks until the next BBG and we still don't have a venue to have it at.

Does anyone have any suggestions? or a big enough house, close to the city, to offer for our use?

Or should we just arrange to meet at the auctions and can catch up there?

ok whats happening I take it the Cafe has been cancelled I'm happy to offer my place but I'm not close to the city so that dosent suite, I hope you come up with a venue soon, I wasnt planning on going to the auction as I need to get back to my kids I dont think my sister in law could handle the four of them for that long.

Well I was under the impression that the cafe was too small? That it wasn't suitable for our needs? Last meeting we had around 20 people turn up so if the cafe is too small we're not all going to fit. I'm happy just to meet at someone's shop and hang around in the arcade outside. That's where we had the first meeting back in June last year. I think maybe we should meet around 2:30-3pm though, so we're not hanging around for ages, waiting for the Auctions to start.

If people aren't interested in hanging around at someone's shop then I think the whole thing should just be abandoned. Well, I'll still be at the auctions and hope to see others there, but I'm really not looking for something is going to be such a hassle to attend and organise.

I'm going to check out someone's shop, I really hope a venue comes up I was really looking forward to meeting you all. :(

My eldest daughter informed me last night she would like to come along, so if you all decide just to meet at the auction my sister inlaw should be able to handle three kids for a few hours lol

Edited by charlie

why don't you all go to McDonalds again? Unfortunately IME these things do take a bit of organising. It would be a shame for it not to happen though.

Maybe this time they won't have a party on?

Hmmmm...

I could try organise it but then... If noone showed up I'd have put time into it for no reason. :/

I think Maccas is a grand idea though...

Why not organise it as a Macca's kids party... there's always ice-cream cake at the end!

A few people complained that Maccas was too loud, hence unsuitable for a venue.

How's this. I will be at someone's shop at around 2-2:30 to see what she has.

I will then be moving to McDonalds in Annerly, just up the road from someone's shop, at around 3 to have a coffee and cake for afternoon tea.

Anyone who would like to join me is welcome, anyone who is not keen can just see me at the Auctions which I will be attending when they start at 4pm. Provided I don't get lost...which is entirely possible because I get lost easily.

Kandee, if you can get dropped at someone's shop you can catch a lift with me and I'll even drop you home after the auctions.

I hope to see some of you at Maccas, if not then at the Auctions!

I am determined to enjoy myself anyway lol

I, however, will not be brining cultures this time. Sorry to anyone who was thinking they might like one. I can bring some duckweed and/or watersprite, anyone who'd like some only need email me fighters4u@hotmail.com at least 24 hours in advance and I'll see what I can bring.

I want someone to bring me more betta. I want more little Dragon PK girlies!!! xDDD

I loved the little Black Dragon spawn girls that .... Iforgetwho... brought last time!!! But all but one mysteriously carked it recently. :( I think it may have been my filter acting up...

I'll be at someone's checkin out the fishies...

Then Maccas with you, Cassi... I want cake and coffee. :) But I'm dragging Glen along again. Lol. Then the auctions~!

Whooo!

So the PLANS ARE...

someone's between 2-3pm. Leaving at 3pm (Be there before if you want to meet there or else you might not catch us!)

Maccas between 3-4 (I think that's when auctions start?) Or just mill around there till we decide it's time to leave for the auctions. If you don't see a group of people with fish... You missed us.

Auctions from (edit post to put auction time here) onwards till finish or you want to go home....

So probably in your best interest to meet us at someone's or Maccas so we know who's with us!

If you're coming, post now or we won't expect to see you/won't be looking out for you!

I'll be at someone's shop my eldest daughter Madison will be coming as well, we will also go to Macca's but not sure about the auction's yet.

I havent got anything to bring at this point hope thats ok.

Lol Paul there is nothing like a Macca's party with icecream cake. :D

Is there plenty of parking near someone's shop?

Edited by charlie

There was enough last time we all went.... Probably enough for us all.

I'm planning on bringing quite a bit of money for the auctions but knowing me I'll end up spending it all at someone's shop.

The girlfriend and I shall be along as well this time.

I must say that all the fighters I got last time are doing wonderfully except one girl who has swolen with eggs almost as large as her.

She was one of the tiny ventriless blue ones and I was wondering if anyone else was having this trouble?

Ok, just read through all the posts, very sorry I didn't get back to everyone sooner. Shame about the cafe, but thanks to those that let us know it was so small. I think you have everything quite in order Cassi, we'll aim for something more substantial next time!

I can bring VE cultures if anyone needs them, but please let me know soon as mine haven't been used for a while are in need of maintenance.

Ah I have 2 girls from that lot.. Haven't had any real problems with them so far... Except they like to bloat... And they haven't grown much....

Asides from that though they're doing ok... But they have both been in fights lately and are in healing... :) I /need/ more female betta. NEED!

I don't have any of the black dragon spawn left ... but do have their 'step' spawn (same daddy different mummy haha) and have still about 7 girls for that one - Was Blue HM mum, the boys two boys I kept to sprouting stage both turned into HM's, one even being a black Butterfly (so pretty) not sure about the other boy who Kristin took home ...

Anyways - if you're interested spawn thread...

http://ausaqua.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=9121&hl=

Oh gosh! I'm inlove with those! *drools*

They are so pretty! Could you possibly bring a couple of females at all Peta?!? :lol:

:P its not looking like i will make this one either :D

i will be moving this week so wont have any spare money to get down there let alone buy anything

and so much for forward planing the money i had saved is needed for the bond and the money i get this week will be used to do the moving. my hopes to ever make a BBG are getting smaller but time will tell something has to go right for me one of these days

Well I'm glad to hear noone else is having the same problem. She seems perfectly happy though (which is surprising because her belly is now the same size as her). Really looking forward to the auction. After telling people about the last one it seems like I'm going to have like 4 taggers along. Not sure if I'll make it to maccas though, which is a bit of a bummer.

Could be that her eggs are just normal sized betta eggs and that's why she looks huge?

It's a pain that my bristlenoses decided to breed so close to the date of the auction.. Otherwise I could have given people some of the babies. xD

Well looks like I won't be coming after all. Due to unforeseen circumstances and CRAPPY CRAPPY timing I won't have a car, so therefore won't be able to come, unless by some miracle I work out how to fix what's happened in the next 10 days.

I hope it's a good meeting anyway!