Chuckie

March SBG - it's officially 2pm now!

Hi guys!

The meeting on 6 March 2010 will involve a general betta show; raffle; judging grooming competition fish. No presentation is planned for this month (but volunteers are welcome... ).

It is going to be at Castle Hill this time.

I am posting this to get an initial idea of numbers, and also to ask you guys what time you'd like to start the meeting, bearing in mind that the judging of the show fish can take some time. Based on my experience in Melbourne, to minimise this time, fish that don't flare will be disqualified. Please train your fish by carding/exercising them prior to the day, if you wish them to participate.

I know some of you have a long trip, so I assume an afternoon meeting be preferable to an evening meeting. The alternative times I am thinking of are:

2pm

4pm

6.30pm

Please let me know if you have a preference, or an different time to suggest. In a few days the committee will decide on a date and post the details on the Syd Splendens Society website.

Thanks!

Lisa

2 would be better for me so im not driving late at night to get home not shure if tara will be there she is pretty busy at the moment

2 would be better for me so im not driving late at night to get home

i'm in the same boat, 2 would be good.

OK, we settled on 2pm, please see this link

I am sure I started a separate thread on this yesterday, but apparently my powers of internet use are severely impaired!

If anyone would like to volunteer to post an announcement on fightingfish.com.au, aquariumlife and facebook, I would be really grateful. This isn't (contrary to certain people's impression) "the Lilli Show". Lilli is a very busy girl this week... so, little help appreciated :)

I will be putting in the raffle:

:D The orange/black ventral-less pair I spawned, from Charlie

:) A number of fish from Crux x Blue Moon (combtail marbles)

:betta: A number of fish from the Scarab Beetle HMPK line - juveniles and some not-so- juveniles

:betta: a number of foam boxes ideal for shipping - I have a few more than I'm likely to need in the short term

:betta: Hopefully some grindal worm starters (if they're still powering along by then)

:betta: Some Tim Addis fry food I have had in the freezer for a while (so it's still good)

If you're planning on putting individual bettas in the raffle, please bring something to display them in so people know what they're looking at and which fish to grab! Alternatively you can hire beanie boxes from the SSS for $2 per box.

If you're planning on obtaining fish in the raffle, please bring some bags to transport them home in :)

I'll be bringing some juveniles from my second Orange Metallic HMPK spawn and my Purple HMPK x Green HMPK spawn.

Looking to source some of those foam boxes Lilli so I can take my fish to Brisbane with me and a white male to match my white females for the grooming comp.

Cant wait :D

I'll bring along the remainder of the white PKs then, Tara. They're still unsexed but you should be able to find a male amongst the lot of them.

I will bring whatever is left of my combtail spawn (F1 of the Crux x Blue Moon) for sale/giveaway, plus put some in the raffle. :(

Also! The fish from the grooming comp. (Prepare to have your butts kicked!)

And Lisa, don't let me forget, I actually still owe you for the grooming comp fish. :)

Hi Guys

You know that this also coincides with the Cichlid Major Auction? Perhaps for those daring people we can go to both :(

ANyways, see you all there.

David

PS: Also noticed that some aquarium life members is holding a fish swap the next day as well.

Less than a week to go now!

Jack from waterchange@mybettas has very very kindly offered to donate some fish for the raffle, which he will be sending me next week. I'm not sure what they will be but his fish are beautiful and I know I'm excited about seeing them!

Guys, you are going to have to EMAIL the Sydney Splendens gmail account if you want the address.

For privacy reasons I simply won't give Ricky's personal address out via PM, and also, we all have limited PM space.

Finally, it would really help me out personally (as I actually have a family and a full time job as well as doing this) if you could RSVP via the society's gmail account, which the other committee members also have access to. Like I have mentioned before, SSS is not "the Lilli Show" or a daring adventure in personal ego stoking. It is VERY hard to keep track of who has RSVP'd when I am receiving replies on multiple fronts and while using 2 different computers.

Thanks

Lisa

BTW, this is the world's tiniest violin playing just for me, at my own pity party:

:giggle:

:o

Hmmm seems like my post went poof this time :fun:

Did i send it to the wrong address again???? Sorry lisa :giggle: :o

This thread has nothing to do with me but I just came to :giggle: at Lilli's pity party. You can come have one with me :o

:welcome:

Jack is sending these fish for the raffle:

- 1 green pair juvie, HM

- 1 green black/lace pair juvie SD/HM

- 1 copper red gold pair juvie HM

Ok guys lilly has given me the green light to anounce that ill be bringing my HM spawn for the next grooming comp :welcome: please check This thread for details.

Edited by Rainy

Thanks Sera! :welcome:

In addition to the fish mentioned above, Jack will also be sending:

- 1 pair copper red gold juvie HM

- 1 male only, copper grey SD

- 1 pair green mask adult HM

- 1 male only, purple HM (see blog) + sibling spawned female

Hi All.

For those people interested, i got some photos when I visited someone aka LFS over the weekend.

Let me know if you want to see them on the day :welcome:

David.

ok Just a quick update my babies from my Purple HMPKx Green HMPK spawn arent big enough so Rainy will be raising them for me so maybe she can bring some in July. I will be bringing some babies from my Orange Metallic HMPK second spawn.

After seeing the pics of Tegs fish, I'm sure she will kick my butt lol