Java Moss Taiwan Moss Christmas Moss

Hi ive been scouring Ebay etc. for live plants ( since the 3 or 4 specimens ive seen in stores are unhealthy looking and covered in unknown snails) to make my bettas happy healthier spoiled brats in nice planted tamks and with the idea that i might some day condition my girls and get betta babies. I wish to start with some simple floating plants like Java moss that can survive our calcium lime rich water without fertilizers if possible but I am not sure wich too pick??? any input is appreciated

thank you from the totally overated US of A in a little glacial valley of the north east BRRRRRR!!!! :D

Java moss is the easiest to keep alive. It goes dark green and thread like if it doesn't have much light, but it doesn't die. It also has a higher temperature tollerance than other mosses, so it will continue to grow in the 28+ degrees (sorry don't know farenheit) of a breeding tank. That being said, I prefer the look of christmass moss!

Most of the mosses prefer cooler water (under about 75F / 25C) especially the christmas / peacock / phoenix mosses....

Java moss as said above is the best for bettas (and cheapest if you're buying it) and tends to grow well in low light and will forgive you slightly higher temperatures (assuming you heat your tanks in that little glacial valley!!!). :D

Having said all that - I have some bettas luxuriating in a compartmented tank with large drifts of süßwassertang (fresh water seaweed), peacock moss, and java moss and they love hiding in it and laying on it - only trouble is if they lose food in the clump they either bury their heads in it looking for it!

LOL!!!! thank you for your advices

any other ideas well the more the merrier as they say. currently the only heat my tanks are getting is from the sorounding air except for my one gallon corner that came with a light hood that gets in the low 80s if the lights on for a while my current avg room temp is around 77 Ferenheit 25 Celsius (everytime i think of the difference between those scales i remeber the old story about the sick kid with the ferenheit thermometer in a country where they talked in celsius) did your teachers ever tell you you were going to switch to the ferenheit inches feet gallons etc when you where in school because mine always lied and said america was going to switch to the metric system and be like the rest of the world :D:rolleyes: among among other lies any how thanks again