Starting my betta collection...

luv_my_fish

Hey Hey guys!

As some of you know, I've had a mishap with my 22 bettas. The mishap being I got a friend who works in and owns an aquarium to look after my fish while I moved interstate and they have all mysteriously died, except for 2.

I've counted my losses (hundreds and hundreds of dollars worth!! ) and have decided to start up again.

My lovely boyfriend got me this first guy for Christmas

everything696.jpg

Then a week or so later I saw this guy, who I just HAD to have! He is solid red and oh so beautiful :lol:

everything698.jpg

Then about a week or so ago I saw a solid yellow CT, who I also just had to have lol. I don't have a pic of him yet, but I will post one as soon as I do.

The pics are pretty crappy because I used my phone, but trust me, they are MUCH nicer in real. I took a video of them flaring at eachother and it shows their colour a bit more. I will have to find it then upload it.

Now I just need some nice CT females and get cracking on breeding again!

Nah, I'm at Trinity Beach in Cairns now. Looks like I'll be here for a lonnnnnnnng time too.

I miss Airlie :lol: and I'm so jealous that you will be there soon!

I was planning on breeding solid reds and yellow CT's, but I know how hard it is to find just ANY colour female CT, let alone a solid red or yellow! lol

I want to ask someone, but her fish are pretty expensive and I don't really have that sort of money to 'waste' on a fish right now. Plus my boyfriend would kill me lol. When we are more financial I will ask someone, or I might just aquabid shop again.....oh how I miss aquabid lol

I've never been to the pet shop on Hoare Street, but I will definately check it out!

someone said she has some red and yellow CT females and they are only $15, it's just the shipping that is costly. Anyone in Cairns planning on getting any fish from JL anytime soon???

He is a very sexy fish :wacko:

Jess, I'd have to wait till next pay or something. Things are a little tight at the moment. I checked out Hoare St and yeah, they do have some pretty decent fish in there. Expensive though! And wow! Your close to my age, we should hang out sometime...I have no friends up here :D