Fergus

Brisbane Betta Gathering 2

Hehe, you got to love pay week!

Hubby should be home soon, I think the 13th/14th may be best, but I'll have a quick chat with him and get back to you.

ohh sounds like the 27th is a good beat! Also the fishy auctions are on that day I vote we do those as well hehe :cheer:

Sounds great! So Jodies, my place, then head over to the auctions? Or my place, Jodies, then Auctions?

What time will suit? Will anyone want to be selling at the auction?

I must warn you to bring a list of available tank space, there are always some great bargains to be had. Last time I went there was a huge range of plants, rocks, driftwood, filter mediums and tanks. Oh, and fish, lots and lots and lots of fish! They go for as long as they have stuff to auction, so can be a late night, but you don't have to stick around the whole time.

Put me down for definitely coming!

2 days before my birthday the 27th is. Wish it was after my birthday.. I could get tons of stuff for my fish and maybe a nice HM pair and start breeding. :blush:

Might have to ask family and friends to give me money for my birthday and give it in advance! :D

...My dad is gonna kill me. We only live in a small unit.

Maybe someone's, your place for a BBQ and then to the auction.. ? Thoughts anyone? That way those who wants to can meet and someone's, if they can't make that, they can just come to your place, then we can convoy to the auction LOL

I'm still upset that it's 2 days BEFORE my birthday (Only that the auctions are.)

...I really need an emergency tank for my newest aquisition. *kicks bowl* Because his temporary tank (4 litre bowl) has just decided to break on me. So I got nothin but a bucket. Lol.

Mref. Better than the cup he was in at the pet store I think.

But yeah. Sounds great. I'll drag my boyfriend along too. Should be fun. :blush:

Should we find a bidding buddy though? Someone that knows our set limit and won't let us spend or buy more than what we need to? Seeing as auctions can suck you in to paying more than you usually would with the hype. xD

Might be a good idea Kandee LMAO!!! If you are wanting a nice bowl/vase type tank for your fish, head into a store like Lincraft or Spotlight and check out their large vases. I have several large cylindrical vases that hold around 8L that i paid only $16 for :blush: And also a couple of large fish bowl type ones for the same price.

Oh sweet. I might do that. Though I feel really bad not giving him a heater. Though the Aquarium Salt should probably help keep the water from dropping too low. We do live in a hot area after all.

I'm still gonna beg everyone I know to, if they are getting me a birthday present, give me money and do it in advance for the weekend. xD

I just want money to feed my betta obsession. I want a HalfMoon or OverHalfMoon. So someone, make sure you have some pretties there for me will you! :blush:

Actually... I'd LOVE it if you had a Black Orchid pair. O_O;;; You know.. The pretty blue and black ones. xD

Edited by Kandee

Okay so do we have concrete plans???

The auction is from 3 - takes 30min-ish to get there depending on where exactly Julia's place is ... and should allow time there for those who may have a tendency to get lost (... you know who you are :D )

How many people are planing to go to Jodie's before hand?

Do we wasn't to do a full on feed/lunch at Julia's (where we all contribute to food by bringing something or giving $$ in return.... ) or just take care of ourselves and maybe just have a coffee at Julia's???

Just over a month to go now time to start planing :)

Edited by Peta(&Eric)

So is it happening on the 27th of March, I should be living in Brisbane by then if I am I would love to come, have you decided on times yet?

I'll have to see if my Mum can babysit my tribe for me.

Cheers

Charlie

Don't think there is much planned in way of times right now Charlie - would be awesome to meet you :(

Do you know where you're moving to yet?

That may be easier for everyone, (provided you actually mean Annerly) but I don't mind either way. Just let me know what you need.

LOL yes i meant Annerley. I was kinda hoping for a nice relaxed evening similar to the last one but i think we are in for a hectic day! LOL

Ok guys, times getting away from us, we need to decide what were doing. Is everyone going to the auctions?

MacDonalds after someone's has the advantage of being able to discuss new purchases :), and they are fine with us swapping fish and things as long as they are already bagged, so we're not spilling stuff. It is not far from the Annerly MacDonalds to the auctions, so it's definitely better that way, as long as the majority are actually planning to go to the auction. The auctions are supposed to start at 4, so 2.30? is that enough time?

As far as things to bring and swap, I have a small amount of Java moss, and some vinegar eels. If anyone wants some little mixed guppies let me know, I have a few spare :)

Julia, I'd love some mixed guppy's please!

I have grindals, MW and Vinegar eel starters I can bring as well as dry foods (small protein pellets in 2 sizes and fry powder)

I only need a day's notice to get the starters organised so if you are coming and would like one just send me a PM. I'll make a list of what to bring so I don't bring too much (like I did last time and ended up with my entire car stinking of vinegar eels for weeks!)

So the plan is...

someone's shop ( 1pm-2pm ish)

McDonalds - Annerly (2-4pm ish)

Auctions (till we want to leave!)

Then to Julia's? Or are we not doing that any more? Doing a sausage sizzle? What's everyone bringing? I can do my 'famous' potato salad again..... or my 'prize winning' spinach and ricotta rolls?

Edited by Fighters4U

What's the date for this? I will be in Murwillumbah on the 21st and hoping to move into a house at Eagleby by the 23rd if I can get a baby sitter and the kids are settled I would love to come, I wont be able to bring anything to sell or swap this time but I can make something to eat just let me know.

Thanks

Tara