Betta in general

Hi,

My name is Shemma.

I am 46 YO.

I live in Narre Warren, Eastern suburb of Melbourne.

I am infected with Betta virus.

I realy did not feel like starting new topic,and I just wanted fo take part in existing forums, but as the rule is to do it, here I am.

Michael Chang asked me other day, after visiting my place, that I should take a part in discussion as he felt that I can contribute to the site.

I started with hobby less than 2 years ago when my friend gave me home made fishtank, that he was planning to throw away as his gold fish have died regularly .

He chalenged me that I would not be able to last in the fish keeping hobby for a long as I have stressfull job and that hobby is demanding in time, effort and knowledge. So I took challenge, and after some experimenting with live beares, angels, I start to breed fighter fish.

In the begining it was difficult of course, but with few experiments, lot of reading and internet surfing, I developed tehnique that works well for me ( not always of course).

At the momen I have hundreds of fighters, arround 120 jarred in the self filtered bottles. I guess my biggest mistake was to experiment with bettas that are not allways the top of the class, so I have nice fish but not as good as many betta lovers would be impressed with. Unfortunately I could not experiment initially with expensive strains, and I did not expect such a good results. From other side I do not have heart to cull my fish so I have plenty and many more are to come.

I also have a range of live food. From Vinegar eels, microworms, live daphnia, babby brine, and during summer mosquito larve, even some blood worms in the containers with dapnia. I do not need to mention that I would be happy to supply hobbists with these for a small cost.

Now I did not feel that I should go in details with my first posting, so this would be introduction and I am willing to take a part in discussions.

Regards

Hi Shemma. Glad you managed to make it on here. There's still a bit of housekeeping to do in that our admin will have to give you access to the rest of the site. But at least now people will be able to say hello to you.

Those of you planning on coming to the January Melbourne Betta gathering will be able to see Shemma's fishroom first hand. It's what mine would be like if I was neat and tidy. :D

Hi Shemma! Welcome. Your permissions have been updated, so now you can post elsewhere in the forum.

He chalenged me that I would not be able to last in the fish keeping hobby for a long as I have stressfull job and that hobby is demanding in time, effort and knowledge.

Me too! Amazing how you can find time for the things you love, isn't it! :D