Betta Care Sheet

fishbites

After reading and commenting in several threads about LFS's keeping Betta's in less than ideal conditions (one I noticed keeping full grown male Betta's in about 80ml of water!) I got on my hobby horse and at Lisa's suggestion made up a general care sheet for keeping Male Betta's. The majority of the text was provided by Lisa and thanks go to her for her advice and editing too.

To get the sheet click here.

The document is in PDF format and is 144Kb in size. (I print copies of page 1 first then print page 2 on the reverse - sorry didn't set it up to print double sided automatically)

Feel free to print it and offer it to your LFS to raise their understanding of the needs of Betta's if you wish - or just use it as a guide when giving / selling Betta's to others.

Please let me know if you have any improvements / or see typos etc.

Edited by fishbites

it is a nice quick and easy read that covers the basics and i like that you managed to

get ausaqua on it :)

the only thing that i might change is the heading

types of betta you can keep to somthing like, the types of betta you can get

apart from that i thought it was very good and it would be nice to see all LPS hand something like this over

with the betta they just sold

Thanks for the comments.

I know there are some brochures out there already but those that ignore the basic needs of the Betta's they profit from really need to make sure their mistakes aren't repeated by the fish keeper who buys them (dismounts hobby horse).

AusAqua appears on the brochure because it was inspired by a thread on here and the challenge was issued by Lisa - so only fair that AusAqua be mentioned - besides its the best Australian forum I've found for Betta's.

Feel free to download the brochure and print a copy for your LFS to display or give them the file and let them print the brochure themselves in the hopes LFS conditions for Betta's can be improved to a lot higher standards than 80ml of water in a sealed plastic jar! (dismounts hobby horse again).

• 1 month later...

:) Good one Tegs - let all those shops who keep bettas in 80ml of water know!

Feel free to download and use this sheet Charlie - it's not comprehensive but it crams a fair bit in a small space for the beginner I guess.

Asil I can just imagine a drive by leafleting of Walmart now!!!! LOL! go for it!

• 11 months later...

What a great pamphlet! There are many misconseptions about betta and there living condiotions. At the least all Pet store employies should read this so they are informed about the requirments.

I have just started and I have found this slice of information about these wonderfull fish quite informative....I love the part about the types, I have actually learnt something I didnt!

• 6 months later...

Very handy leaflet, thanks Wayne.

I need to print lots for next week's Agricultural Fair here at Tagbilaran City (Bohol, Philippines)--will need to fit all the info on one side of a bondpaper--can't afford two sides hehe--i'll just redo the layout and credit you and Lisa. ;)

Going international now!!! I would be really interested in seeing your revamp of the sheet to a one sided sheet - might be useful to put up on walls for LFS's as well... could you let me know when you've done it and I'll get you to email a copy to me please :)

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...