Hi From Victoria

whtbox

Just wanted to say hi to this forum with full of information of Betta fish.

I have purchased a blue butterfly HM from someone. but having issues with fin rot now and treating hopefully getting well.

P1000350.jpg

hope to get to know more people and info :)

Cheers

Yunanto

thanks lilli,

I hope i'm treating the fish right.

I'm putting him on Hospital tank of aquaone twin tank about 2L each tank at the moment as his fin gotten worse.

the tank water is Rainwater ph is about 7.2.

Temperature is about 27 degrees

putting a quater table of trisulfa, 19 drops of bettafix remedy and aquarium salts.

but i'll see if any progression of healing.

Cheers

Hi Yunanto - glad you found the forum.

Your male is most likely chewing his fins - there appears to be no reddening to the fin tips which would indicate infections.

He may be frustrated being able to see the female. Try putting a lot more ketapang in the water. Males seem to stress under high light. The ketapang will dim the light a bit - it also seems to soothe and calm - and will help prevent infection. I do not know how it works, just that it does!

Cheers, someone

I agree, it looks more as though he's been chewing his tail rather than fin rot, I've seen finrot on many a fish and that just doesn't look the same. Some fish are just habitual biters, they stress too easily and take it out on their tails. Go the ketapang as someone suggested, she's never wrong! I've found all my fish do much better with it in their tanks, they just seem happier and calmer. The females swell more with eggs and all is well

Welcome to the forum also!

Thanks someone,

The fin edges is Reddening a bit now. The infection has started, i guess from chewing the fin. I'll post the latest photo tonight, it's just sad that it lost all the tail fin and have gone through the blue fin already.

I have ordered 50 leaves of Indian Almond leaves (Ketapang) from Jeff.

If You have 1 leaves can sell me with my other fish later would be great.

Cheers

Yun

http://www.bettysplendens.com/articles/pag...1113&v=chew

I have seen a lot of VTM bite their tails in bags, and sometimes when on the wall. It is usually a result of infection, or being left uncarded too long.

HM on my display wall are far more likely to chew on Tuesdays - because I have a staff member open the shop up and he leaves the bright lights on the tanks ALL the time - rather than just when customers are looking.

I put a lot more ketapang into the water than I used to. The tanks are all quite brown in colour - but the incidence of chewing is a lot lower now. Half a leaf floated on the surface also helps shade them from the light and they seem a lot more relaxed.

I also add a few small bits of ketapang leaf to the shipping bag as well as stress guard and bag buddies. Really long fin males get java moss - it is in the hope that the floating plant brushing past them will desensitize them to being touched by their tail. Give them something else to bite.

Eventhe Thai's don't have an answer to this one.

Cheers, someone

I know Lilli, surprise, surprise. But it's all due to an even BIGGER surprise.... I have recently found out that I am expecting my 3rd baby & I just don't feel I'm going to be able to cope with 3 small children, 16 fish tanks, one overzealous staffy, 2 rambunctious rats, one mental budgie.... I think my "human" babies are going to be taking up all of my time for quite a while! It was not an easy decision, but I have to look at what my highest priorities are right now. Still tossing up whether to keep my tanks or sell them on....

Sorry for the thread hijack Yun! Have the leaves arrived yet?

No problem :bighug:

I got the Leaves today and Thank you very much.

Hopefully the fish will be ok now.

To someone:

Also someone to let you know i got the Platinum pair and Citrus Tango as well.

They arrived without the damaged on the fin. Thanks.

But after putting on the tank starting to have a shred so hope the leaves will help today.

Cheers

Yun