Sign in to follow this  
Robbies Betta

Masked Royal Blue BF SD

Ok, so this is the guy I was dying to get. He's a Masked Royal Blue BF SD. He is the most gorgeous Metallic Blue colour in real life.

I know he has red wash on him, but hopefully, by crossing to a copper gold I can eliminate it. Also gonna try him with a royal blue female.

so what do you think of him?

Posted Image

His blue colour is not too shabby in the photo, either! He's GORGEOUS, Phil - but then, I'm prejudiced; I LOVE butterflies! I wouldn't worry about any red he may have on him. I spawned a pair of red BF CTs, and the one male fry I kept is ... a BLUE BF with no red wash. Go figure. Sue

I really hope I don't get any red wash. Obvious faults here on him are, His anal fin is a bit long, BF pattern is irregular, red wash/spots on dorsal and ventrals, Masking not 100%. anyone else see any others?

Phil :P:lol: Anywho, are his pectorals as coloured as they appear to be in the picture? Despite the faults (I couldn't spot any more) he's a lovely fish.. Congrats Robbie!

This one is truly a very nice betta :lol: apart from the longer anal fin and the red spots on his ventral and dorsal fins, the white/BF pattern being irregular, and the masking not covering his head 100%, I can also see that in some areas of his ventrals, caudal and dorsal fins, the white looks abit yellowey/creamy/dirty... is that there in real life? I am sure that breeding him to a very well balanced female should improve the next generation :P goodluck :P :P

I wouldn't worry about the red wash looks like it could have been an injury. Mine sometimes repair red or a different colour.

The only other things I could possibly pick would be that the 1st and 2nd rays on the dorsal look shorter than the rest and the edge of the caudal looks slightly uneven at the bottom. Its hard with a pic of a moving fish though and photos are quite often deceptive. Over all a really nice fish! Good luck when you decide to spawn him :lol:

AAARGH I LOVE THIS FISH :D . I think everything was mentioned as for the critique and I don't think it's red wash, red wash blue fish normally have red or black ventrals and if you shine a light through the fins you'll see purply-reddish bits close to the body, it's doesn't look like this one would have it (I could be wrong). Oh man you are sooo lucky :D :D :D . You need to get a blue lady for this one.

Cheers guys :D Yep Mishy, his pecs are that colour in real life to :D :D Stefan, I forgot to mention that his BF pattern is indeed a bit off white, and also it has a slight red wash to it :D And as for the girls, yep I have them in Blue, Green and Steel (all from Edie :D )

Sign in to follow this