Sign in to follow this  
Robbies Betta

Green Marble SD

Ok guys, this is my new Green Marble SD.

If you want, you could also try classifying him better? :lol: I'm planning on spawning him with one of Edie's green girls, or cross him onto my copper golds :drool:

what do you thunk of him? This is the eastern_bettas Pic by the way. Now the black has covered the white patches and you can see the irrid properly.

Posted Image

ok, since this is the critique section I will point out faults I can see, but I really like him. obviously his anal fin is a little long, and his dorsal is also longer than the caudal. It's hard to see the quality of the rays because of the clear b/f edging to them, but it looks like there is an irregularity between the top and bottom of the tail - ie there is less webbing between 2 of the large rays in the top hapf of the tail so the tail is not, if you cut it in half horizontally, a mirror image of itself. he has something of a butterfly pattern happening but it's irregular so I imagine that points would be deducted for that. Obvioulsy not a HM so that would be a point deduction too. I'd try spawning with the green female/s first, as your f1 is likely to be nicer than a copper/gold cross (which could result in red wash). See how those fry turn out before you experiment with the copper golds, maybe? Having said all that, I really like him, I think he's beautiful. I'd love to see what he looks like now that the black has filled in :drool:

Cheers Lisa, and Sue, they did have a quite few good ones :drool: I'll deff try him with a green first, but thanx for the feedback, gives me something to work with :lol:

Sign in to follow this