Canister Filters

Em

I've got a Aqua Nova 1500lph external canister filter which I originally planned to use 2 years ago on my 6 foot tank, however due to short hoses and other stuff getting in the way I didn't get around to using it.

But now with my 'new additions' (more about them on Thursday) I'm planning on using it but need some advice from those who use them. The hoses supplied with it were too short to reach up the stand and into the tank, so I put them somewhere for 'safe keeping'.. and now they seem to have been sucked into a black hole. :rolleyes:

I need suggestions as to another type of hose etc that is suitable for the inlet and outlet from the canister filter and making a new spray bar.

Thanks in advance

Hey

I don't know if you have a bunning's warehouse near you but try there in the irrigation section, that's where i got mine i am guessing your hose size would be 12/16 or similar (12mm internal diameter/16mm external) they come in about 4m lengths(i think) and if that's not enough buy some joiner pieces and buy some hose clamps while you are there just to be sure you get a perfect fit.

For a spray you could use a small diameter bit of PVC pipe drill holes(5mm in diameter is a good size) at what ever angle you want and get a pipe cap to block it off in what ever size you need and join it to the hose with a hose joining piece(be sure to silicon it good) you should be able to get all this from bunnings. Also try to get the PVC for the spray bar in a similar size to an old heater you have so that you can use the suction cups off of it.

HTH

Cheers, Connor

Edited by connor