Bluegrass Guppies

darennkj

Thank you everyone for your kind comments. Yes, they do look much better than their fixed dorsal counterparts.

The ones in these photos are actually not my best males.

I thought I'll spare them the stress of being moved into a smaller tank and having lights flashing at them randomly.

They are definitely much better in terms of finnage and dot patterns :giggle:

Hey Ninoid12, I won't be selling fry. Watching them grow up is a big part of the hobby that I like. Only when they reach at least 3 months old will I sell them. Sorry.

BTW, anyone else have any guppies they would like to share? :drool:

Daren.

Oh, forgot to add, the females are very pretty too. They've got very nice fins, definitely better looking than what you can get from the lfs.

However, their colour are not as intense as the males though.

Will try to take some photos and post them up here.

Stay tuned! :)

Edited by darennkj

Love your fish mate.

Great pics too,though you really have to see them in person to get the full effect.

I've been working with normal and snakeskin endlers for three years now and the results are absolutely beautiful!

Most Guppies have no colour over the head and gills.

I found a full red strain but only the females can pass on this trait.Luckily I got a female.

The Panda strain can place colour on the pectorals which really adds to the effect too.

By adding Pingu and Magenta and some metallic/iridescent genes as well as Albino the gene pool went wild!

I have shared with a few friends and we now have enough to fix at least 6 strains of unique looking gorgeous fish.

Guppies are soooo underrated.

Agree...they do not get the credit they deserve...truly magnificent fish they are...

Wow, 6 strains eh? That's a lot of tanks involved!

I've worked with some snakeskin endlers before, ones with an upper sword.

Sold off all of them now to concentrate on the grass.

Any photos to share Jungle?

Finally!

The girls went psycho went I moved them into the little photography tank, so I couldn't get really good photos.

Then I got one of my breeders, but the quality isn't good.

Anyway, you can see how the dorsal fins are elongated, and the same will happen to the anal fin when they get older.

Enjoy...

FemaleGrass.jpg

M2F2.jpg

FemaleGrass1.jpg