A.Gardneri for sale at LFS.

hobbygodz

Hi everyone, If you are looking for some nice killis there are a bunch of A.Gardneri (M&F) for sale at Auburn Aquariums. This genus of killi is very active, sociable, inquisitive and quite entertaining with it's funny behaviour. They look like this if you are interested. - Brad.

EDIT.....(Sociable meaning with you ,not with other small fish...read on..)

DSC01178.jpg

Edited by Brad

They are also RESILIENT. I got a pair about 12 months ago, and they were such aggressive little buggers - chewing on anything with so much as a hint of fin showing - that I had to separate them into a small tank on their own. I never got around to moving or selling them, so they over-wintered outdoors in coastal Sydney in a small unheated tank. I wouldn't recommend that as normal practice, but just to let you know that they are tough cookies!

Wow! ...... guess they weren't your fave fish eh Finley? Did they scoff your rare guppies? They would have gone down to a few degrees in a small tank on some nights last winter. They would have frozen their little fins off!. Amazing survivability, (and useful info too). Yes, this type of killi is fiercly territorial towards most other types of small fish and so should have their own (heated) tank. Mine however live with a pair of cories and they all get along happily. Do still have them Finley? Cheers - Brad. :eek:

Edited by Brad

Yes, I found one literally attached to a Guppy and being dragged around the tank - it had already swallowed its tail but couldn't get the rest of the poor creature in its mouth! Once I'd got them separated the Guppy died from shock. Such was my first (in)experience with Gardneri. The litte *bleeps*!

Yes, I still have them :eek: