What is the best source to buy rare plants in Sydney

Guest Mac Manus Jnr

Guest Mac Manus Jnr

I am keen to buy a rare plant (Aponogeton madagascariensis in particular) for my 2ft planted aquarium.

Please advice the best shop(s) to buy aquarium plants in Sydney.

have you tried ordering from AquaGreen? They have awesome plants. Not sure if they have that one though (is that madagascar lace plant? I have never seen it for sale in any Sydney aquarium, but one of the eastern suburbs places like Aquaristic would probably have it)

Can you please add your location to your profile.

Guest Mac Manus Jnr

Thank you Lilli for your kind advice.)) AquaGreen doesn't seem to have the lace plant, but I am not going to give up easily)) Anyway, the source is really good, I will definitely try to order something from them.

you could see if mirek has any, probably the best person in aus to talk to about rare plants. his email is - mirek_aubrecht@hotmail.com, he did have seedlings available a while ago on his website, not sure what he has available at the moment.

i think pisces used to sell tissue cultured stuff, but haven't seen any for sale recently.

regarding Aquagreen, It's too warm in Darwin to keep them happy and healthy. Dave does have lots of nice stuff and some stuff that is not listed on his website.

Aquaristic has lots of great too.

Regards

Michael

Edited by MJay

No worries.

also, if you do see any nice plants in shop display tanks it's always worth asking if they sell cuttings as many shops will sell cuttings of plants from display tanks.

the best place for rare plants are forums like these though.

good luck in your search.

• 1 year later...