My first spawn

bubbzy81

Here are some pics of my very first spawn (now that I have my memory card reader working). Dad was a red VT & Mum was a cambodian VT. They were spawned on Easter Sunday 2009. It was a big spawn, approx 60, but following suggestions that I needed to be doing 50% water change a day, the nitrites went through the roof & I lost all except for these 4, or as I like to say "I killed them with kindness". I thought I was doing the right thing, but I know better now. I guess that what most first spawns are for, a learning curve. They have gone off to the pet shop now, but here's a couple of pics of my girls:

DSCF3367.jpg

DSCF3369.jpg

DSCF3378.jpg

DSCF3379.jpg

Thanks everyone. I didn't realise they were all that special, so it's lovely, & encouraging, to hear your comments. I umed & ahed about taking them to the LFS but I told myself I had to be strong. If I want to seriously breed fighters, I can't keep keeping fish for sentimental value or I'll run out of room REALLY fast! So unless they're part of my breeding program, I have to sell them. But as you can see I made sure I took some photos so I can always remember my "first babies".