Gday

Guest gwandana

Guest gwandana

Hi All

Just saying hello, its so good to be able to access an Aussie forum.

I think I am addicted to fishkeeping. I have an aquaone 980T, my personal tank. My wife keeps goldfish in a huge 4ft tank, we have 3 tanks at work, all around 100 litres or so, due to space constrictions, lol. My son has a smallish aqua one that he is looking to upgrade to a 3 footer. We keep goldies as mentioned, cichlids in one tank and the rest are community tropicals. Love this hobby!

I am thinking about going to discus, not sure if I have the time to care for them as well as they should be cared for. Still considering that one.

G'day! Welcome to AusAqua! It -is- great to have Aussie fish addicts to help you feed the addiction. In a responsible and manageable manner, of course!

Sounds like you are doing well already with those tanks! I will be the first to make the obligatory request for photos :wacko:

Discus are not as hardy and forgiving as some tropicals, but they are by no means a difficult fish. As with everything, take your time, do your reading, and talk to those in the know (Not me! :D ) and you'll be right.

Good to see another westie too :)

Guest choralo

Hiya, Gwandana!

I'm a total newbie to the area of fishkeeping - heck I dont even have a fish yet... but I got a cube tank given to me today for my very first Betta to be! :)

LOL. Good to know that there is someone just around the corner that I can wave at.

This is a great and welcoming site.

Cheers.