My antisocial betta

Lyarlla

I have a 70L planted tank with 10 female betta and they have been going great so far. Today I finally got around to adding my quarantined 10 neon tetra and 1 bristlenose to my tank now that its cycling and well established. The bristlenose loves the tank and the algae on the filter (although my red dragon is stalking it and it keeps scooting around the filter pipe to get away). The neon tetra looked happy to be amongst the plants and feature rocks... and then my dominant betta females started hunting them! The neons are way to fast and have lots of hiding places and my betta keep needing to surface so cant continually chase them, but I am wondering, will they ever get along peacefully? Will the chasing ever settle down or lessen?

• 2 months later...

Must have missed this post ages ago... how are the bad girls behaving now? Hopefully they didn't get your neons!

I have an idiot male betta in a tank of peppermint juvies and he often goes too close... the other day he stuck his nose in the end of the hollow log in their tank and got it swatted with a bristlenose tail!

I have about 8 cardinal tetras in a bristlenose growout tank at the moment and one male betta in there but he doesn't seem to bother anyone - sometimes gets himself buried in the java moss in the search for food particles but thats about the extent of his antics.