Mustard Gas Crowntails

Phil

Hello..

This is the pair i have been conditioning up for a while, they are the MG pair that i got from someone. The pair was originally cheap because the male had some ray degrading (as you can see in the pic) but the rays are starting to grow back and i am hoping to spawn them soon, i setup the tank today. Anyhow, just thought that i would share some pics :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Lets get a cheer for *BEST FRIENDS* :cheer::D:D:D:o These 2 totally ignore eachother and swim around as they are 2 goldfish, no aggression at all! I blame me conditioning them in the barracks next to eachother! Oh well, i will have to try another pair.

Lets get a cheer for *BEST FRIENDS*

*groan*

Those fish are too gorgeous to be celebate dagnabbit!

wc fan?

West Coast Eagles :D

I'm a self-confessed AFL Footy Ferral.. My very first MG I dubbed "Wooshafish" since it was the epitamy of the wce blue and gold and Woosha is such a legend :o)

:cheer:

i think some time apart will spice up their relationship. The male overate thismorning some dried food and it has expanded his stomach up about 2wice as fat as i have seen a betta before, i hope it dosent damage him inside because that would not be good :protest:

Either that or just leave them together... since they are so lovey-dovey. I've taken a laid back approach recently to spawning my bettas after doing a lot of reading about Thai methods etc. It seems all they do is put them together and walk away and 'hey presto' bubbies, yet we fuss over this and that and stress about agression and still have problems getting them to spawn. My green pair (x Phils) were in the spawning tank for around 3 weeks before they finally got it right (there were a few failed spawns in the process). Both fish came out looking like they went in aside from a couple of minor nips. I also used this method with my current white spawn. I'll document my next spawning attempt in the spawn blog section, but I've had a lot of success so far with this method with very little agression.

My main concern is him passing that food he ate, then the spawning worries lol. Oh, thanks for telling me they spawned :censored: (lol) Any updated pics on the greenies? and their fry, Many?

Didn't I tell you? I thought I did? sorry :oops: There were heaps of fry.. all doing great.. and then the heater got pulled out on me (kids! :protest:) on a night when we had a cold snap and it looked like I had lost the lot. I ended up transferring the white spawn into the tank that previously had the greens in it (since its a better tank) so the food and heat was maintained as a just in case and surprisingly I've found a couple of dark fry in there over the past few days - so you never know! I'm going to set up another spawn with them shortly, so I'll be able to snap some updated pics to post. :D

Archived